Operation Kindness Care Packages
Packing Team Stats:
The most volunteer intensive activity within the Military Ministry. Volunteers typically pack 50-60 boxes (30 lbs each) containing bibles/spiritual material, toiletries, socks, coffee, snacks, sports equipment, personal notes, etc. for our deployed service members. The care packages are sent to chaplain contacts who use them in their ministry to service members in more remote areas of Afghanistan.
- 600+ BOXES sent in 2012; 5000+ BOXES sent to date
- 80+ CHAPLAINS received boxes from Operation Kindness Ministry
Where: MBC Tysons Campus - The Rock
When: Monthly - every second Tuesday at 7:00 pm
Suggested Items for Care Package Donations:
- Spiritual Care: Christian books / literature / tracts, CDs of MBC sermons, personal greetings and letters
- Personal Care: White boot socks, baby wipes, toilet paper, toothpaste/brush, shampoo, shaving cream / razors, deodorant (non-aerosol), lip balm, sunscreen, insect repellent
- Food: Coffee, jerky, candy/cookies, snacks, chewing gum
- Entertainment: CDs/DVDs, batteries (AA), footballs, soccer balls, frisbees, playing cards, crossword/Suduko puzzles, current magazines/books, paper/pens/envelopes
Donated items are collected at the MBC Tysons campus - a gray collection bin (marked Operation Kindness) is located under the stairwell by the cafeteria entrance.
Donated cash (make checks payable to MBC with OKM in the Memo line) is used by team volunteers to purchase additional items for the care packages.
The Spirit Pack (
Bible, Tracts, Internet Campus Info, Letters / Postcards from individuals)
... it's what makes the OKM Care Package different!
For more Information: Contact Bob Jepsen at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to serve as a Wounded in Action volunteer, please go to the Volunteer Page